Sunday, August 19, 2012

3 Days!

How the HECK do I use a blog?? I feel like my Grandma trying to use her cellphone. 
(Sorry Grandma!!!) 
I really don't know how this all works so I'm just going to wing it and see how it goes...
Its hard to believe that in 3 days I'll be leaving the country and living on a ship for the rest of the semester. I've been trying to wrap my head around it for months and it will all probably hit me once I've been on the ship for a few days.
I honestly wouldn't be getting ready to board the ship on Thursday if my parents didn't help me as much as they did this summer. THANK YOU for this amazing and incredible opportunity!

Common questions I get
#1: So is it a cruise?
#2: You'll be on a boat??
#3: Are you even taking classes?

No, yes, and yes. Today I went to the open ship in Boston and found out from the Executive Dean...its a SHIP not a BOAT and its 100% not a  Cruise. So for all of you that said it would be like "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" (you know who you are), you are incorrect...in some ways.

Now that we got that out of the way, I couldn't believe how amazing the ship was. I saw my potential room and unfortunately everyone was correct about the closet space...looks like I'm going to have to repack...for the third time. Which is annoying but, at the same time, I have a once in a lifetime opportunity to travel the world in just 107 days so I guess I'll have to repack. 

Sorry Mom I'm still taking your sweatshirt and never giving it back.

I really won't be able to go on the internet that much when I'm on the boat (something about band width) but do you know what that means? I'm missing the season finale to Pretty Little Liars AND True Blood so no one spoil them for me until I get back in December (I'm talking to you Gina Nibian...don't you dare.)

Friends and family: If you want to keep in touch with me throughout the trip EMAIL ME! Julianne.Case.F12@semesteratsea.org and download VIBER...then let me know if you do get Viber so I can add you to my contact list because, alas, I still don't have an iPhone (Google Nexus problems...) I think that Whatsapp will work too but I'm not too sure yet. I'll only use Viber and Whatsapp when I get off the ship. I have most of your addresses but just in case, send them to me if you want some cool postcards mailed to you! 

If you are still reading this really LONG post, congratulations! Are you reading this in my voice? That'd be pretty awesome. 

Officially I leave the country on Wednesday. I'm spending the night in Halifax, Canada and the next morning we set sail for Ireland. To the motherlandddddd! 

No comments:

Post a Comment