Friday, November 23, 2012

Shipboard Silent Auction

The shipboard auction the other night was RIDICULOUS! It was to raise money for future SAS voyages. 
Some of the items that were in the live auction portion were breakfast in bed by a dean of your choice, a picture with the Captain at alumni ball, one of the teachers sweatbands, a map of the fall 2012 route, a SAS flag, front row seats at the talent show, a hour of juggling lessons, captains hat, and a weekend at one of the lifelong learners house in Utah. 
Now out of those items which ones do you think went for the highest? And how much do you think people payed for them?
The highest out of those was the Fall 2012 map of our voyage and it went for $2,600. To get the SAS flag ended up being $2,500. The cheapest thing that people bid on was the chance to have coffee with the captain and that was $70. Oh and the juggling lessons went for $550 and my friend bought that....out of all the things to bid your money on....
My friends and I pooled our money together to win cooking lessons with the ships head chef in the main kitchen AND to have a special dinner!
After a few minutes of persuading the person I was going against, I also won something in the silent auction! It turned out to be a pretty good deal too, we split the prize and the cost!
I am NOT good at these types of situations. My heart was racing and when my friends and I were bidding on the cooking lessons our other friends were bidding on it too! There was so much tension in the room and it seemed like the bidding was going on for forever!

ALSO our dean of students told us if there was over 50% participation we would get a taco day!!! Fingers crossed! The food on the ship is getting really old and I don't want to keep on getting dinner from the deck 7 pool bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment